We are committed to protecting and maintaining your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which personal information which we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices concerning your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.zusaura.com (the ‘Site’) you are accepting and consenting to the terms of this policy.
Personal information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
● “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. They are used to ‘remember’ when your computer or device accesses our Site. Cookies are essential for the effective operation of our Site and to help you shop with us online. They are also used to tailor the products and services offered and advertised to you, both on our Site and elsewhere.
Types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies – These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Site. They include, for example, enabling users to log into secure areas of the Site and use a ‘shopping basket’.
- Analytical/performance cookies – These remember and count the number of visitors to the Site as well as see how visitors move around the Site when they are using it. This helps to improve the way the Site works. Performance cookies do not collect any information which identifies users as all information collected is aggregated.
- Functionality cookies – These are used to recognise you when you return to the Site. This enables the provision of personalised features, for example being greeted by name and preferences being remembered (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies – These cookies record your visit to the Site and are used to make the Sites and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. This information may also be shared with third parties for this purpose.
As we use Shopify to power our online store you can read more about which cookies are placed on your computer or device, and their function, here: https://www.shopify.ca/legal/cookies. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site – you can read more about the types of cookies used by Google at https://policies.google.com/technologies/types. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Further, for UK/EU-based visitors to this site, we use the “GDPR Consent Banner” app available from the Shopify App Store, which places the below cookies on your computer or device:
stores the visitor’s consent
Save for the Shopify cookies, Google Analytics cookies and GDPR Consent Banner app cookies stated above, we do not use other third-party cookies on the Site.
● “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
● “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfil any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
● Communicate with you;
● Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud or to comply with our legal obligations to share data with law enforcement or to comply with an order from the court;
● If you pay by debit or credit card we will need to process your payment card data in order to complete the transaction. We process card payments in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security standards;
● Following a transaction, we may keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards in order to fulfil contractual obligations such as refunds and for our legitimate interests such as our accounting and tax purposes; and
● When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimise our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing your personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store – you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site – you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfil contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
If you do not consider that your data has been handled correctly by us or you are not happy with our response to any requests you have made regarding our use of your personal data, you have the right to make a complaint to the International Commissioner’s Office. Their contact number for complaints is 0303 123 1113. Further details regarding making a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office can be found at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ (please note that we are not responsible for the content of external websites).
When you place an order through the Site, we will only keep personal data for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised.
When you place an order, we’ll keep the personal data you give us for seven years so we can comply with our legal and contractual obligations.
Third party websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Changes to this Policy
Use of our services by Minors
The Site is not intended for use by children under the age of eighteen. We ask that children do not provide personal information through our website. If we become aware that we have collected the information of a child, we will delete that information from our records.
Queries, comments and requests about our privacy practices should be addressed to Customer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to:
PO Box 2685